Welcome to the Ophthalmic Consultants of Vermont patient resource center. Below you will find helpful tools and important information about eye health.
- Eye Health Observances – Each month, the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) highlights an important eye health topic. Click the link to learn about this month’s featured subject: https://www.aao.org/SearchResults.aspx?q=monthly%20observances&c=1
- Low Vision Resources – The Vermont Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired (VABVI) offers support for individuals who are affected by low vision or who are legally blind. Visit this site to learn more about this fantastic local resource: http://www.vabvi.org
- Dilating Eye Drops Video – Do you have questions about dilation drops? Check out the video below to learn more about the process of dilation and what to expect when your pupils are dilated.
- Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) – Do you or a loved one have AMD? This website is a great resource that discusses the differences between wet and dry AMD, the benefits of AREDS II supplements and much more: http://www.amd.org/
- Glaucoma – It is estimated that nearly 3 million Americans have glaucoma, and only half of those individuals know they have the condition. The American Glaucoma Society offers answers to frequently asked questions: http://www.americanglaucomasociety.net/patients/faqs
- Cataract Surgery Video – Everyone gets cataracts if they live long enough. Below is an animation that shows the surgical technique used by our highly experienced cataract surgeons.
- Corneal Transplant Support Group – This Facebook page provides support for individuals and their families before and after corneal transplantation: https://www.facebook.com/pg/cornealtransplantsupportgroup/about/